The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
Exploring opportunities at our first-ever virtual Convention & Exposition
By Patti Cullen, CAE | July 24, 2020 | All members
Care Providers of Minnesota is excited to announce we are going virtual with our annual Convention & Exposition! As this is a new experience for most of us, we wanted to give you a heads up on some of the key reasons why we are so excited to bring this “show” all together for you:
First, the convention and exposition will be rolled out in three parts over a four-week period:
- November 9–13: During our first week, 30 learning sessions will be made available—with six new learning sessions rolled out each day—including certain sessions with real-time Q & A presenters
- November 16–18: Our LIVE premium days—with three keynote speakers, networking groups, special exhibition-only time plus two additional live learning sessions presented each day!
- Then, as an added bonus—November 19 through December 4—convention attendees will have access to our entire convention archived library! This means that if you missed a session or two, you will have access to every one of our sessions, 24/7!
All Convention & Expo attendees will register at an individual level (i.e., no group rates due to CEUs):
Secondly, we are giving you an actual experience, with opportunities for chatting, networking, and interacting with vendors both live and on your own schedule. What about the exhibitors?
- Member rate: $295 (with CEUs)
- Non-member rate: $425 (with CEUs)
- Students and government: $75 with no CEUs
We are making it easy to visit exhibitors to check out their products and services. During premium days, there will be designated times when vendors will be available to chat, as well as arrange for specific times to “meet” with a vendor. There will also be interactive games (i.e., prizes) that can be won if you visit a certain number of exhibitors during those days!
Think of it—four weeks of education, access to vendors and products, networking, three sensational and inspiring keynotes, award recognition, Leading4life presentations…and more. Add to this—there is no travel time, concerns about the weather, or waiting in lines for food! It’s going to be a wonderful experience that will bring us together to learn, explore opportunities, and navigate into the future. We can’t wait! We are super excited to work with our virtual conference vendor Pathway Health, who has had the experience of partnering with other state affiliate organizations over the past few months. Keep checking our ACTION
newsletter and member blasts for additional information.
Patti Cullen, CAE | President/CEO | email@example.com | 952-851-2487