The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
Hot off the press—NEW AL licensure resource manuals now available!
By Jill Schewe | June 25, 2021 | Assisted living providers
The August 1, 2021, assisted living license created a need for all new policies and procedures and training materials for licensed assisted living and licensed assisted living with dementia care providers and Care Providers of Minnesota is here to help you with them!
The 2 NEW Care Providers of Minnesota resources
are as follows:
- Assisted Living and Assisted Living with Dementia Care Resource Manual—This manual provides templates for all new assisted living policies and procedures. Member price: $250; non-member price: $500. Included in your purchase are the following:
- A flash drive containing customizable policies and procedures (Word and Excel documents), organized into 12 topic-specific chapters
- 3-hole punched pre-printed tabs for separating out your modified policies and procedures into chapters
- A template for creating a customizable cover and spine for your AL policies and procedures
- Assisted Living and Assisted Living with Dementia Care Training & Competency Resource Manual (provided in partnership with Advanced Health Institute)—This manual provides training materials, competencies, tests, and documentation for employee records. Member price: $245; non-member price: $345. Included in your purchase are the following:
- A flash drive containing customizable, yet required, training and competency materials (Word documents)
- A printed manual of all the sample training and competencies
- A great training manual if you don’t have a software vendor and a great back-up training manual if you do!
* These products are for single use only, intended for licensed assisted living facilities and licensed assisted living with dementia care facilities.
** Previous Comprehensive Home Care and Housing with Services policies and procedures will not align with 144G AL Statues or 4659 AL Rules.
Find these resources in the Care Providers of Minnesota online store
Jill Schewe | Director of Assisted Living, Housing & Home Care | email@example.com | 952-851-2484